RainReady is inspired by the individuals and communities we have been working with—many of whom are featured on this site—who have been asking us "what can our community do?" The program has won several awards including:
- 2016, American Society of Civil Engineers, Infrastructure Game Changers designation
- 2016, Association of State Floodplain Managers, National 2016 James Lee Witt Local Award for Excellence in Floodplain Management
- 2016, Illinois Association for Floodplain and Stormwater Management, Public Outreach Award
- 2016, Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago, Honoring of CNT/RainReady
- 2015, US Army Corps of Engineers, Silver Jackets Interagency Nonstructural Flood Risk Management Program Award
- 2014, Illinois Association for Floodplain and Stormwater Management, Public Outreach Award
- 2014, US Army Corps of Engineers, Silver Jackets Interagency Nonstructural Flood Risk Management Program Award
Meet the CNT staff who work for the RainReady program:
RainReady Community Manager
Molly has a Bachelors in Environmental Engineering from Stanford University. Prior to CNT, she worked at Imagine H2O, a startup accelerator driving entrepreneurial solutions to the global water challenge .
Marcella Bondie Keenan
Marcella is an environmental scientist and LEED AP, with a Masters in Urban Planning. Previously, she consulted for government, housing authority and regulatory clients on brownfields, stormwater and NEPA projects. She has over 12 years’ experience in project management, site assessment and construction oversight.
RainReady Neighbors Manager
Dawn Thompson-Ellis joined CNT in 2016 to manage CNT’s RainReady Neighbors Program, which engages proximate neighbors to implement Rain Ready Solutions. Dawn has over eight years of water resource planning experience with a particular focus on wastewater and stormwater management.
RainReady Outreach Coordinator
Burrell Poe is a U.S. Army Veteran from the West side of Chicago. Burrell is very passionate about social and environmental issues and dedicates his time to furthering awareness and solutions. Burrell has a certification in Building Operations and is studying Entrepreneurship at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Water Policy Manager
Hal has a Masters in Water Resource Management and a JD from the University of Colorado. Prior to joining CNT, he practiced environmental law for 23 years. Hal has been appointed to advisory committees by IEPA, IDNR and MWRD.
Anna has a Master of Urban Planning and Policy from University of Illinois at Chicago, and a Bachelor of Arts in International Studies and Spanish from Indiana University – Bloomington.
Bryan Nelson joined CNT at the beginning of this year as an associate of the RainReady Home Program. A good majority his time is spent in the field, working with clients of the project, learning to assess properties with water damage, and how to mitigate flooding.
Rebecca joined the CNT team in March of 2016 to spread the message of RainReady Community. Rebecca is excited to tell everyone about what urban flooding is and how it affects their community as a whole. Rebecca has a Master’s degree in Urban Planning and Policy from the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Curtis Witek joined CNT in 2016 as an Associate for the RainReady program. Curtis supports a variety of risk assessment, economic development and resilience planning tasks associated with the rapidly expanding RainReady program. Curtis also serves as a member of CNT’s Young Innovators associate board.